The things Xavi asked the last time he was contacted by Barça ( before signing Koeman )
- Maximum control of the sports area.
- he wanted Carles Puyol and Jordi Cruyff to be the main in there.
- the return of academy figure Joan Vilà
- remodel the medical services
- incorporate his brother Óscar to the coaching staff. [Diario Sport]
Lionel Messi declared he wanted to leave just six days after Koeman was hired, with Argentinian newspaper [Diario Olé] detailing a frosty first meeting between the pair, claiming the new Barcelona head coach told the six-time Ballon d’Or winner “your privileges here are over”.
All this after Koeman had already shown Luis Suarez the door, while then-president Josep Maria Bartomeu had already rocked the boat when naming just eight players as “non-transferrable”.
Reports in Spain suggest he could be sacked on Thursday, while ESPN reported last week that Barca are already exploring their options, with club legend Xavi Hernandez and Belgium boss Roberto Martinez among the current frontrunners.